Late Summer Soiree
Date posted: September 17, 2016
The Abbey Primary School
Where and when?
Saturday the 24th September in the School Hall from 7.30pm-12am for parents to dance the night away!
Late Summer Soiree Q and A
All the proceeds of the event will go towards Abbey School to improve the facilities and opportunities we are able to offer for the children. The money raised will reduce the pressure on the limited school budget. We especially want to improve the Key Stage 2 toilet facilities and aesthetics in the classrooms, such as blinds to improve the visibility of the whiteboards and the learning environment.
Tickets, £20, are available via the School Office, to be paid via Schoolcomms by Friday 23rd September. No physical tickets will be provided. Miss Fenn will have a list of all parents who have paid for their tickets and a complimentary glass of Prosecco will be provided on arrival by Miss Fenn and the Soiree Committee by the front door of the School.
Food and drink
Also included in your ticket will be a pulled pork bap (veggie option available – email Mrs Upton by Thursday 22nd September to secure email@example.com ) served from 8.30-9.30/10pm. There will be a free Sweetie Stall for those with a sweet tooth! Mrs Johnston and her team (Mrs Upton, Mrs Ramsey and Mr Ryan) will man the bar in the Practical Room and, weather permitting, a Bottle Bar on the School Field. The bar will be a cash bar and bottles of Prosecco, wine, Peroni, water and real ale will be available along with soft drinks and spirits (gin and vodka).
- The dress code is ‘Dress to Impress’!
- Our professional DJ will be with us all night in the School Hall to get you dancing from 7.30pm.
- Photographer, Mr Collin, will take photos on arrival and less formal photographs and group shots later on!
- Auction Boards will be available for parents to bid for items until midnight.
- 9.30pm our auctioneers, Chair of Governors Debbie Gupta and Abbey School parent, Lucy Walker will start us off in a game or two of Heads and Tails – £1 entry.
- 9.40pm our auctioneers will start the bidding on a selection of larger auction items.
- More music with our DJ from 10pm until midnight.
Arrangements on the night
- The School building and site is strictly Non Smoking. The nearest place to smoke will be Grove Road.
- An unmanned cloakroom will be available in the IT Suite.
- There will be limited parking in the school car park until midnight, but no overnight parking.
What we need from you, the parents!
Items to auction, we are looking for big and small items that will get us all bidding!
We would like to borrow:
Clothes rails for coats, white fairy lights, white lit trees, nets of white fairy lights, glass jars without labels on. Anything you want returned must be named! Items can be dropped off from 8.45-9am any morning next week at the front of school.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com