Abbey School Governing Board
The governing board has three main core functions:
Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school
Holding the Head Teacher to account for the school’s performance, acting as a critical friend
Overseeing the school’s financial performance and making sure money is well spent
Who is on the Governing Board?
The Abbey School Governing Board is made up of fourteen people, the majority of who must be Foundation Governors:
- 2 x Foundation Governors (appointed by the Diocesan Board of Education) Nikki Loan (Treasurer) & Caroline Train
- 5 x Foundation Governors (appointed by the Cathedral Chapter) Katie Wright (Chair), Carol Borras, Chris Pines, Robert Raine (Vice Chair) & Eleanor Willatts
- 1 x Foundation Governor (ex officio) Rev’d Canon Abi Thompson
- 2 x Parent Governors (elected by parents) To be appointed Summer 2019
- 1 x Local Authority Governor (appointed by the LEA) Myf Hopkins
- 1 x Head Teacher (ex officio) Miss Emma Fenn
- 1 x Staff Governor (elected by Staff) Miss Lisa Felstead
- 1 x Co-opted (elected by the Governing Board) Gayle Ball
- Associate Governors (elected by the Governing Board) Debbie Gupta
Parent Governor Forum
The Governing Board will annually seek parental views and all survey results will be available for parents at our annual Parent Governor Forum, which will now going forward combine with the Friends’ Association AGM. Our next forum 14th March 2019 from 7.30-9pm.
The Abbey School’s Vision, Mission, Values and Aims
Over the last 12 months The Abbey School Governing Board has been working on refreshing our school vision and values. The Governing Board would like to thank the parents for their input at the Parent Governor Forum, and to the children who have helped bring these words to life. We have also benefited from external facilitators, and the views of the staff and our senior leadership, to deliver vision and values for our whole school community. Please see the vision, values and aims page for more information.